Mobility Care Centre
Once you have a stairlift installed, it’s likely that it will be used frequently, possibly every single day. Because of this, we understands that you will want to feel safe in the knowledge that should you need it, so we are your local service provider on hand to conduct any stairlift servicing that is required.
How often does a stairlift need servicing?
Even if you haven’t experienced any problems with your stairlift, for brand new models it is recommended that you arrange a stairlift service every 12 months.
A stairlift service from Mobility Care Centre is always carried out by a trained professional, offering a comprehensive check of all electrical parts and mechanical components.
Will I need to pay for stairlift servicing?
A common question that you may have when deciding to invest in a stairlift is ‘will I need to pay for stairlift servicing?’ and ‘does a new stairlift need a service?’
You do not need to service a brand new stairlift so, there is no need to worry about repair costs in the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your stairlift.
Most stairlift companies only offer a one-year warranty, but with Mobility Care Centre our stairifts carry a comprehensive 2-year warranty as standard.
Should I insure the stairlift.
Like many items in the home, you can purchase insurance for your curved or straight stairlift for a further level of protection in case of damage after your 2-year warranty.
This means you are covered for anything from accidental damage to electrical breakdown.
If properly cared for, a new stairlift can last for many years and is likely to never experience any problems or issues with functionality. However, it is important to keep your stairlift well maintained by following these tips:
- Ensure nothing obstructs the rails on your stairlift.
- Keep the rails as dust-free as possible by cleaning with a dry cloth once a week (a hose attachment for a vacuum cleaner can also help with hard to reach areas).
- If you own a pet, ensure their hair does not clog in the rails.
- Do not allow children to play on the stairlift or with the controls.
- Do not exceed the maximum weight limit of your stairlift.
- Ensure your stairlift is serviced regularly.